Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Game Owner(s) Strike Again!

So I ran across a thread today in Branik's game forum. Member Angels_Wings (with 948 posts and 12 karma btw) noticed something that had been overlooked and was ripped a new one for it.

Here is her post, all the bold text is my emphasis:

"i was just in the Trade Ya board where i saw that Jubadove was banned for asking for a Regular import in trade. but where i dont understand the fairness is why was she banned when a Mod asked for the same thing Earlier that same day and was not called out on it, in fact not even a mention about its inappropriateness , yet jubadove received a week long banning. i certainly am not saying that it was overlooked intentionally but would like to call attention to it."

So the OP noticed something that seemed unfair. Not a big surprise since Branik actually does pick favorites. By favorites I mean people that agree completely with her and avoid rocking the boat. The OP is sure to add that she isn't saying it was necessarily intentional. That means she is NOT saying it was favoritism. She's just bringing it to everyone's attention.

"jubadoves thread was started after 4 pm. perhaps because a mod was seen asking for the same items they felt it ok to ask for and seeing as they assume the "going rate" for it was 20k ( which is what The Mod was offering) it seems logical that this is the case. "

Yes, that's very logical as far as I'm concerned. I would be suspicious, too.

"im sorry if anyone feels like i am stepping on toes bringing this out but my sense of fairness just wasnt going to let this go right now."

Very polite and well-meaning imho. The OP saw something that concerned her and was questioning it. I would have, too.

Now! Do you think Branik has the common decency to approach this in a tactful manner? Let's see!

"
Tacky.

Very tacky.

You got something to call me out on, you need to use contact us and talk to me one on one.

Now here's a little something that your mind likely didn't consider. I didn't see the other thread. Yeah imagine that. I didn't get through every single thread on the board.

In fact I have not read anything on that board since I installed it and Mashie moved everything to it. This morning the thread title "Imports" caught my eye from the main board index, where it shows the most recent thread posted to for each section. I clicked. I saw. Due to the DDoS attack it has taken me since 11 AM (now 1:15 PM) to post what I did, and get Jubadove's ban in place. I INTEND to go read the other threads now.

Now you can apologize for your insinuations of favoritism. I can't believe you would have the nerve to accuse ME of all people of not being fair in discipline. Disgusting."


Well, well, well... Who here is NOT surprised? That's right. No one is surprised?

Branik, if you want players to contact you one-on-one you need to stop using people as examples and calling them out. If you post in your own forum in such a personal manner you cease to be the mysterious administrator. You are now a common player no matter what title you present under your name. A forum is TOO PERSONAL.

Judging by Branik's reply she probably should have said something along the lines of "I see where you are concerned, but unfortunately I have not had a chance to get through all of the threads because of more dire circumstances. I plan on getting through all of then as soon as possible. Thank you for keeping an eye on things."


Of course, Branik has to flame everyone. Her tone is demeaning and hostile. She is creating an environment that causes anger. That is very unprofessional. Then again, Branik has never been known to be professional.

After all of that she asks for an apology for "accusing her of favoritism," which NEVER HAPPENED. She's paranoid and making things up in her head. She had the perfect opportunity to sets people's minds at ease, but she blew it. Big time.

Funny enough, her rarely seen slave... I mean husband comes to the rescue. Read on!

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, TO MAKE THIS STATEMENT.
BRANIK IS ONLY ONE PERSON. maybe you people should notify support of things like this so it can be taken care of faster. oh by the way THE BUTTON IS RIGHT ON THE POST TO LET US KNOW ABOUT **I have a potty mouth** LIKE THIS WHEN YOU SEE IT."

Fake internet yelling with caps? Check. Swearing in a forum where swearing is filtered out? Check. Attacking on a personal level (example being the who the hell do you think you are)? Check. Not helping the situation at all? Double Check!

So apparently Branik DID find a good match. Who would have thought! I for one envisioned someone that was terrified for his life because he realized the woman he fell for was bat-shit insane. Guess not! I guess he just wanted a dominatrix.

Here are the next three posts:

"*coughs* I think we need to clone you, Branik.
And for the record, you are 100% fair 100% of the time." - poplarplace

"
From the short time I have been on here , I for one, have not seen Bran or Bear show any partiality even to the admins and others who have been here for a while.

On another note, it is up to all of us to watch out for things like this and message support about it if we are not sure it is within the guidelines. Bran and Bear, you do a great job and make it much easier on all of us that I think sometimes we take you for granted. " - mom2ashley

"I agree. I've NEVER seen any partiality either. Don't know where that came from..." - poplarplace

Let me tell you girls... you are blind. You are so blind that you are brown-nosing so hard that shit's coming off your face. Why don't you give up, open your eyes, and realize your beloved fantasy world is probably going to collapse in on itself?

I am 100% positive you are both sweet, sweet, intelligent young ladies, but dropping to your knees and worshiping Branik as infalliable is not doing yourselves any justice. Stop curling into a little ball and whimpering every time that Branik raises her e-voice. Do yourselves a favor and stop selling yourselves short!

4 comments:

Chewbacca said...

In the old forums, Branik has talked about being a dom. She went into detail about abuse and proper technique so it's not abuse but pleasurable. Wish I'd saved that post. I didn't read it all as that is not my cup of tea. }:-P

Chewie

Fideaux said...

I am not surprised by that in the least. It fits perfectly with all her other affiliations.

lawdispatcher said...

OMG...what a witch! Seriously, take your prozak and let your dog slave hubby outside to take a crap!

Anonymous said...

She's not a dom. She's just plain abusive. She used to physically and verbally abuse her first husband until he tried to commit suicide from the sheer misery of living with her. (BTW, he's the one who taught her about genetics and coding.) However, she likes to claim he was the abusive one, to get sympathy. I happen to know the guy, and it's absolute bullshit. He's one of the most generous, supportive people I know. I'd trust him with anything.